If you’re fortunate to live in a climate with noticeable season changes, you can look at autumn as an optimist or a pessimist. Sure, the white stuff will be flying in no time at all. Or, you can embrace the crisp air, the beautiful fall foliage, a bountiful harvest and see the change in season as an opportunity to switch up your outdoor decor.
Consider these 5 fun ideas:
- Liberally place seasonal pumpkins and gourds in various shades of orange, yellow, brown and green on the walkway and steps leading up to the front door. Use old bushel baskets, planters, crates and other containers of various heights and materials to keep it even more visually appealing.
- Dried corn and husks are also great for seasonal touches both indoors and out. Tie to light fixtures or stair railings for a rustic look. Here are a bunch of great ideas to check out.
- Chrysanthemums (mums) are another fall staple that add color to any space. You can easily grow your own. But you can also find them at your local farmer’s markets, grocery stores and nurseries. Here are some tips for keeping them looking good longer.
- A new rug or welcome mat with seasonal colors is a quick and easy way to welcome visitors. With low price points, you can choose a different one for each season.
- Finally, don’t forget about lighting. Clear miniature rope lighting is classic. String it around shrubbery and trees to add a warm, inviting glow. Check out these boards for inspiration.
Do you have any fall outdoor decorating ideas? Share them in the comments! Happy fall, y’all!